Youth Coaching is designed to encourage personal development in young people while providing an outlet for their stresses and anxieties. It is valuable support for our young people to help them cope with the demands that today’s world places on them. I am passionate about my work with young people and have a proven track record of success working directly with young people and their families.
As a parent, you probably worry about your teenage child. Are they happy? Are they doing ok at school? Are they staying out of trouble? Sometimes teenagers simply don’t want to discuss their personal lives with their parents. After all – they’re trying to break free while a part of you probably wants to hold on. Young people have every right to keep secrets if they want, but for parents, this can be distressing. If you want your child to receive support but you think you might not be the right person to provide it, a workable solution could be to hire a youth coach.
Youth coaching does not aim to stand in as parents, teachers, or even as friends. They are simply there to offer impartial, non-judgemental, trustworthy support designed to give young people the chance to vent freely and confidentially about anything they want – school, family life, friends, sexual issues, or anything else that happens to be on their minds.
Why Hire a Coach?
The teenage years can be a strange and difficult time for everyone involved. The family dynamic often changes dramatically during this time, as teenagers fight for their independence and parents fight to maintain control in the house. A youth coach can be hired to:
- Help troubled teenagers get back on track
- Encourage a better work ethic
- Help young people deal with difficult issues
- Discover potential and set goals to reach it
- Help improve family dynamic.
Benefits for Teenagers
- They get the chance to talk about difficult subjects such as bullying, relationships and sex.
- They are encouraged to see the world from fresh perspectives.
- They can set goals for self-improvement.
- The can achieve their ambitions.
- They can learn to handle emotions.
- They get the support of an objective and non-judgemental mentor.
- They learn to build confidence and social skills.
- They leave feeling motivated and inspired.
Are you ready to start changing your life?
Book a non-obligation 20 min Life Coaching consultation and see if this is for you.